Wednesday, November 11, 2009

A Sad Time

Hello, bloggy friends. I have been made aware that some of you (the crazier sorts) have been noticing and/or harrassing my family members about the fact that I have not been blogging lately.

Well, the truth is now being revealed. I did not blog for the past month because it was a Sad Time for this blogger.

I quit my job.

I quit my job at Rebound because it was no longer a healthy place for me to work. And it was very sad. I had to make the decision, and it was the right decision, but it was still very sad.

Here are some of the sad things that happened:

  • One of the moms cried.
  • One of the moms wrote me a card that started with "Thank you for being part of my family."
  • One of the little boys said, "Why do you have to leave? You are the best at Flying Colors."
  • One little boy, who has never hugged me in his life, gave me the saddest, most unexpected hug.
Here are some funny things that happened:
  • When I announced it to the kids, many of them shouted, "NOOOOOOO!" like they were being attacked. It was a little dramatic.
  • The kids had hilarious suggestions for what to do - they asked for a signed picture of me. Like a head shot. I am sad to say I didn't get around to signing photos. Another kid asked if I would "write them letters at least once a month." Like I was leaving the country.
  • One little boy wrote me a goodbye card and on the front of it drew a gravestone with the words "RIP NICOLE."
  • Quite a few of the kids brought me goodbye presents, aka crap from their houses. I received a pencil cushion, a jingle-bell bracelet, 5 fake ice cubes, a handful of weeds, and a small velvet pouch.
So, it was a sad few weeks for me, but I'm glad to say that I'm back in business. And I'm even gladder to say that with all my newfound free time, I will be able to blog even more often. So for all you nicoleissointeresting blog fanatics, I'm back!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! I had almost given up all hope! Sooo happy your back! Don't ever go that long again I almost had to start reading some one else blog!

Nicole Kristine said...

Who are you, anonymous?

Anonymous said...

I'm a friend of your dad's and I have my whole office reading your blogs and my family and friends do too....you're popular!!!!

Ashley Thomasson said...

RIP Nicole is my favorite!

Anonymous said...

See Nicole I told you people you dont even know read your blog. HA!
tr