Well, the truth is now being revealed. I did not blog for the past month because it was a Sad Time for this blogger.
I quit my job.
I quit my job at Rebound because it was no longer a healthy place for me to work. And it was very sad. I had to make the decision, and it was the right decision, but it was still very sad.
Here are some of the sad things that happened:
- One of the moms cried.
- One of the moms wrote me a card that started with "Thank you for being part of my family."
- One of the little boys said, "Why do you have to leave? You are the best at Flying Colors."
- One little boy, who has never hugged me in his life, gave me the saddest, most unexpected hug.
Here are some funny things that happened:
- When I announced it to the kids, many of them shouted, "NOOOOOOO!" like they were being attacked. It was a little dramatic.
- The kids had hilarious suggestions for what to do - they asked for a signed picture of me. Like a head shot. I am sad to say I didn't get around to signing photos. Another kid asked if I would "write them letters at least once a month." Like I was leaving the country.
- One little boy wrote me a goodbye card and on the front of it drew a gravestone with the words "RIP NICOLE."
- Quite a few of the kids brought me goodbye presents, aka crap from their houses. I received a pencil cushion, a jingle-bell bracelet, 5 fake ice cubes, a handful of weeds, and a small velvet pouch.
So, it was a sad few weeks for me, but I'm glad to say that I'm back in business. And I'm even gladder to say that with all my newfound free time, I will be able to blog even more often. So for all you nicoleissointeresting blog fanatics, I'm back!